Tech Troubleshooting Tips
1.) How do I login to my student account?
2.) How do I access my course(s)?
3.) How do I enlarge the size of a video?
4.) How do I reduce the size of a video?
5.) How do I change the volume of a video?
7.) My quiz is stuck. (Or I don’t see my quiz score.) What should I do?
8.) I’m seeing an ERROR message. What should I do?
9.) I’m experiencing some other tech issue, not listed here. What should I do?
How do I change the volume of the video?
There are 2 ways to change the volume: one way is on the video itself; the other is on your computer monitor.
1. On the video, look for the volume control icon in the bottom right corner. It resembles a tiny speaker. Click this icon to raise / lower the volume.
2. On your computer monitor, look for a speaker icon in the bottom right corner. Click this icon to access volume controls for your computer.
How do I download a PDF?
Not all PDFs are eligible for download. If the PDF is an annotated scene, it is not eligible for download and therefore, it is embedded into the webpage.
If your PDF is a chart or list, it is eligible for download. To download the PDF, click the “downward arrow” in the upper right corner of your computer screen.
My quiz is stuck (or I don’t see my quiz score.) What should I do?
Typically, all you need to do is scroll up the quiz page to see your score. You can also refresh the quiz page. However, if you refresh the page, you will lose all of your quiz scores, and you will have to start the quiz over.
Here’s how to refresh the page:
- Make sure the LOCK key is on.
- Hold down the CTRL key. Click F5 at the same time.
I’m seeing an error message. What should I do?
Refresh the page. Here’s how:
- Make sure the “Lock” key on your keyboard is turned on.
- Hold down the CTRL key and press F5 (at the same time.)
If you’re still having problems, your browser cache probably needs to be cleared. In other words, your browser’s short-term memory has maxed out, and you need to remove the old data.
This article will explain how to clear your browser cache on a PC. The article gives short, step-by-step instructions for clearing:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer 11
I’m experiencing some other tech issue. What should I do?
Please contact us through our Help Form.