Your paycheck depends on Chapter 1. Whether you plan to sell to a publisher, or whether you plan to sell directly to readers as a self-published author, your first chapter can kill your sale. In fact, your first sentence can kill your sale!
So how do you open your book with a bang, and keep the tension sizzling? In this humorous (cat-filled) course, you’ll learn the secrets of the bestselling Romance authors.
For instance, do you know…
- The top 3 reasons why authors write scenes? (And which ones won’t get you published?)
- The best character to choose for telling your story?
- Which hook grabs readers faster: character need, or heart-pounding action?
- The 10 “writing rules” for Scene 1 of your Romance?
In addition, you’ll get a sneak peek into an award-winning author’s writing process: why she deleted Chapter 1 and rewrote it — turning her Romance into a national bestseller.
- Allow 2 to 3 hours to complete this course at your own pace. (Graduates of this course are eligible for discounts on private coaching.)
Also Featured in this Course:
- Tips for Making Your Reader Turn the Pages
- How to Identify Bloat and Backstory
- Blueprint for Plotting Your Romance (Worksheet)
- Analysis of Published Hooks
- Annotated Opening of a Bestselling Romance
- 3 Lessons
- 3 Course Extras
- 20-Question Quiz after each Lesson
- Certificate of Completion