Romance Writing Course Description:
In this digital, million-book market, “writing well” is no longer sufficient to sell sexy Romance novels. To succeed, you must understand your market, especially if you want to write ebooks for a living. You must understand what Romance readers want and how to reach them. Otherwise, you’ll waste time and money, promoting a flop.
Whether you want to self-publish, or whether you plan to sell your manuscript to one of the Legacy Houses, you must understand the publishing business before you write Chapter One. Otherwise, you’ll struggle to make money writing Romance novels.
For instance, do you know:
- How your subgenre differs from the other seven Romance categories (so you can create an effective book marketing strategy?)
- The 8 plot taboos that are guaranteed to kill the sale of your Romance novel?
- The shelf-life of single-title books and “Harlequin-length” books at brick-and-mortar book stores? (And why shelf-life is important, if you want to make money writing Romance novels?)
- Why a publisher’s book club can rob you of royalties?
- Which Romance subgenres sell better in ebook than print? (And therefore, where you should be concentrating your book marketing dollars?)