How to Write a Romance Novel Step by Step: On-Demand Course
Sample this Romance Writing Course:
Writing a Love Story:
The Secret Romance Novel Formula
Description of this Romance Writing Course:
Romance novels sell 2X more than Mystery, and 3X more than Science Fiction and Fantasy.
If you want to cash in on this worldwide phenomenon, you must learn how to structure a sexy Romance novel plot. You must write a compelling, boy-meets-girl story with all the elements that Romance readers want and expect. Otherwise, you’ll be wasting your time—and your marketing dollars.
For instance, do you know:
- What makes a sexy Romance novel?
- When a love scene becomes nothing more than story bloat?
- The 7 plotting pitfalls that guarantee “no sale” in a Romance novel?
- The best place in your plot for your Romance hero to speak the L-Word?
- The 6 warning signs that your Romance plot is doomed to fall apart?
- The sneaky ways to end chapters, so readers turn the page?
- The only Romance subgenre in which a sequel might not bomb?
- How to plant the seeds for a sexy Romance novel spin-off?
Length of this Romance Writing Course:
- This course will teach you the plotting formula for commercial Romance novels (examples: Harlequin-style, Avon-style.) The lessons are online, with pre-recorded videos and self-paced exercises.
- Allow at least 4 hours to complete this Romance writing course at your leisure. Once you purchase this course, you will have access for 6 months to lessons about the Romance novel formula. (Graduates of this course are eligible for discounts on private coaching for their work-in-progress.)
Also Featured in this Romance Writing Course:
- How to Structure a Romance Novel Plot
- How to Write a Romance Novel Step by Step
- Workshop: How to Write a Must-Read Chapter
- Workshop: How to Put the “Thrill” in Action Scenes
- The 7 Elements of Happiness (Using Psychology to Plot Sexy Romance Novels)
- The Giggle Factor: Tips for Writing Funny Romance Novels
- Checklist: Quick Fixes for Humor-Writing that Bombs
- Cheat Sheet: How to Cure the Sagging Middle of a Romance
- Reusable Template: The Romance Novel Blueprint
- 4 Lessons
- 9 Practice Exercises
- 7 Course Extras
- 20-Question Quiz after each Lesson
- Certificate of Achievement
- Note: Students may purchase coaching, for feedback specific to their course assignments. Students may also customize a course package to save money and optimize learning.
You should take this Romance Writing Course if:
- You want to know how to write a sexy Romance novel step by step; OR
- You’re looking for the secret Romance novel formula; OR
- Your manuscript keeps getting rejected by Romance novel publishers; OR
- Reviews for your published books haven’t been flattering; OR
- Romance novel editors have asked you to cut entire scenes from your manuscript; OR
- You’ve been told that your plot is slow, weak, contrived, or confusing, OR
- Your action scenes tend to drag; OR
- You don’t know the difference between a Climax and a Resolution; OR
- You’ve never heard of “Narrative Structure;” OR
- You’re much better at developing characters than sexy Romance novel plots; OR
- You’re not sure how to develop a spin-off novel; OR
- Your story arc isn’t “big enough” to support an entire Romance novel series.
Say Howdy to Your Instructor!
Texas resident, Adrienne deWolfe, has written six #1 bestselling Romance novels for Bantam, Avon, and ePublishing Works. Her books have earned a variety of distinctions, including the Best Historical Romance of the Year Award. She has taught commercial fiction to sell-out audiences at a local college, and she has led numerous writing workshops at national conventions.